Saturday, November 9, 2019

November 9, 2019

  I can't believe we are in November already. We have switched to daylight savings time and now it's dark just after 5 now. I do not like it. And I am not fond of the cold either. But I do love the beauty of winter and the wonder of Christmas. I have been making Christmas ornaments in the past few weeks. Last year I wanted to make ornaments for our two newest nieces, but my head didn't get there in time! So this year, I have made 4 for Lillyanna (she's 4) and 2 for Aurora who will be 3 in March. I plan to (or hope) make one every year for Christmas. And now that I think of it, I should make some for 2 other nieces who are 9 and 7. They joined our family 3 years ago by way of a nephew I hadn't seen for 30 years. We didn't know we lived close to each other, about 3 1/2 hours away, until his father passed away suddenly in 2016 and he came for the wake and funeral. I am so glad he is in our lives again. Plus he and his wife (since Spring) had a baby boy 2 weeks ago; Seamus Alexander!! We would have been to see him but I have got a sinus cold that will not stay away. The first time I had it, about 2 weeks ago, it came with horrible sinus headaches and this time it's coughing and laryngitis. But it hasn't stopped me from crafting, and that's very good! So here are the ornaments...






 

No comments:

Post a Comment