Wednesday, July 24, 2019

This is a card I made today, for a challenge over at DoubleTroublePapercrafting blog, that I thought ended July 31, 2019, but actually ended July 21.  These goils seem to have a lot of fun and have all kinds of different challenges!
(My short term memory has really been affected badly since I had Guillain Barre Syndrome in 2000. GBS is a rare autoimmune illness that isn't well known and can act differently from patient to patient. It can be fatal and is hard to diagnose because the symptoms present as other illnesses, and Dr.s aren't familiar with GBS. Unfortunately, most patients are not believed even if they are unable to stand! I was lucky; I ended up paralyzed from the waist down within 3 days of pins and needles in my legs and feeling disconnected to my limbs like a marionette doll! 24 hours later, I was paralyzed from the neck down. A Dr. 2 hours away knew it was GBS and started treatment right away, after telling us that if I left the hospital I would die because the other hospital wouldn't know what to do when I stopped breathing. More in another post!)
I hope you like the card, the challenge was Santa on the Beach. I enjoyed making it, once I had my percolating hat on!
My next post is for the actual current challenge on Double Trouble Papercrafting

1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable card and wish you had made it on time with our next challenge. So glad you came back to us in our current challenge and hope to see you join us for future challenges when health allows it. We do have a lot of fun in planning our challenges...our next challenge starting Monday will be free for all with an optional twist. Please come back.

    ReplyDelete